Thursday, October 13, 2011

With Sympathy cards

One the Judges I work with lost his mother right before her 99th birthday so I decided to put my stamps to good use and make a few cards.  I ended up going with the blue one because everyone always does black and white for these types of cards.  I made it extra large so everyone in my office could sign it. 


I think it could use something more.  I'm always afraid of putting too much on a card so I end up stopping short.  Anyway the all the stamps are A Muse along with the pearls and ribbon.  I used Tim Holtz's distress inks in peeled paint and chipped sapphire with some water to make it look more like a watercolor flower.  The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye and the solid is from Bazzill.  The white-ish looking back ground is really vellum. 

Sentiment and pearls from the A Muse stater package.  The paper I've had for a while and sadly I don't know who makes it.  I used standard black ink and a finger sponge dauber to distress parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment